Introduction of People Illustrations in General and People Free Illustrations and Vectors from IllustAC
According to a Chinese philosopher, a picture is worth a thousand words. This shows the importance of imagery and visual art. Writers, poets, and lovers of language may not subscribe to this claim, but facts remain that drawings, photographs, images, and cartoons have strong impacts on how meaning is perceived or even evoke an emotional reaction.
Imagine looking at political cartoons about different things or even a photograph of natural disasters. These two examples can be used in different ways, and they can also inspire viewers to take action. From a general standpoint, illustrations are an important part of visual image-making. It is an underestimated form of art, but surprisingly, illustrations are increasing in demand.
Are you wondering what illustrations are? Basically, illustrations are a concept or process, visual explanation of a text, interpretation, or decoration, and they are mostly designed for use on different media. Illustrations are vital and key for use in different formats, especially when storytelling or visual meaning is gotten from images to further explain a narrative.
A person who is trained to draw for different media, using pen, pencil, digital image-making, and the hyper-digital world is an illustrator. And there are currently different types of illustration for an illustrator to specialize in. Our focus in this article is on people illustration and people-free vectors. You’ll find out more about this type of illustration as you read on.
One of the most popular ways illustrations and vectors are designed today is as people illustrations and vectors. Illustrations of people are created in different ways and with different styles. It can be an image of people carryout their favorite hobbies or an illustration of people in a business setting. There’s an endless list of people illustrations available today. What’s more is that you can have access to several people illustrations on illustAC.
Different Styles of People Illustrations
People illustration first started with carving, drawing, and painting, mostly on a traditional medium. It is a form of art that evolved from different techniques, among which include acrylic illustration, collage illustration, pencil illustration, watercolor, woodcut illustration, ink illustration, charcoal illustration, and block illustration.
Most of these techniques are still widely used today, but with evolution and technological innovations come newer illustration techniques. Illustrators nowadays have turned to the use of various digital tools for creating vector illustrations. These digital tools make it a lot easier for artists and illustrators to create different textures for people illustrations. This includes all the illustration textures mentioned earlier.
Examples of some of the currently available vector graphic tools include Adobe illustrator, Vectornator, and illustAC. There are a whole lot of other illustration tools that offer much drawing freedom. With these tools, you can easily draw in different styles and get the best quality. One amazing thing about these tools is that they give the complete details when used for creating illustrations.
People Free Illustrations
The amazing thing about people illustrations is that even if you don’t have the time to create images from scratch, or maybe you lack the design skills to do this, you can still use people free illustrations. There are so many different packs of these illustrations available for you to use on illustAC. To give you an idea of these people free illustrations and vectors, here are some of the types you’ll find on illustAC.
This is the first people illustration on our list, and it’s a free pack on illustAC available for you to use. What’s more is that you can customize this people illustration pack with different tops, hairdos, standing poses, and more. You can also make changes to the background of this illustration.
Another illustration that you might want to try using is the black illustrations which are also becoming increasingly popular and widely used. There are more than 40 different images that you might want to try editing in this illustration pack.
This is another illustration free people illustration pack that you should consider trying on illustAC. It is a free pack with different pieces and elements that you can include in different designs.
There are so many other people free illustrations available for you to try out on illustAC, and you only need to visit the site to try these different options.
More Explanation about People Illustrations
As mentioned earlier, there are different types and genres of people illustrations that are widely used today. Just like graphic design, illustration is also a broad field, with a lot of branches for people to specialize in. The main difference between people illustrations and other forms of art is the communicative intent of the illustrative pieces. This is partly one of the reasons why the field has multiple genres.
There most common types of people illustrations today include the following:
Children Book Illustrations
People illustrations and vectors are created for use in different ways. One of the ways this is applied today is in children books. These are books that are created for a young audience. The main feature of these illustrations is the bright color palette which serves as a representation of scenes that are easy to understand.
Children book illustrations are really clear, and by looking at the characters of these illustrations, you can easily tell what’s happening, even without reading anything. The illustrations can be used to depict so many things, depending on the intention of the designer.
Applying people illustrations and vectors in narrative illustrations is also common among most designers and illustrators. Narrative illustrations are mostly used in representing the contents of writing or text, and it’s not compulsorily aimed at a younger audience. However, the illustrations are designed so that they can properly represent the words to make them more abstract or realistic.
The way these illustrations are applied in a narrative form completely depends on the intention of the author, as well as that of the illustrator.
This is another way by which people illustrations and vectors are applied in design. There are so many comics available, and they all utilize people illustrations in their content. These comics are often aimed at telling a story with much action, and they usually follow a script.
Another way that illustrators apply people illustrations is by creating humor pieces. In most cases, these pieces are easy to understand and also ingenious, especially for the audience that they are designed for. The illustrative pieces can either be single panels, or multiple ones, and these humor pieces are applied in different medical.
This is another way of utilizing people illustrations, and it is mostly done for creating illustrations to be used for publications, newspapers, and magazines. The aim of these illustrations is to make it a lot easier for readers to understand the content. It is also a strategy that is used to keep readers glued to these media pieces. In some cases, the illustrations are used in representing the text, while in other cases, they are mostly metaphorical.
People Illustration in Advertising
Another common way that designers and illustrators apply people illustrations is for advertising purposes. The aim is to convey a message about a product or service to easily attract potential clients and customers. These illustrations often use different colors and other visual elements so that they can be visually appealing.
The last on our list is people illustrations being used for design and fashion campaigns. These types of illustrations usually have elongated bodies, and they usually feature a clothing brand or a designer. They are mostly used for commercial purposes and to drive sales.
There are so many other styles and types of people illustrations, but we have only highlighted some of the most common styles available. If you are interested in using people illustrations, these are some styles that you might want to consider trying.
How to use People Illustrations
The most common way that people illustrations are applied is in web design, marketing, and social media. Like in reality, illustration is also used for explaining different concepts in the digital world. Using people illustrations also helps in transforming designs and making them eye-pleasing and enjoying. It also helps in delivering a more refreshing experience.
When done in the right manner, web design, social media, and marketing using people illustrations apply the following:
- Tells a story about a brand
- Create a form of an extension for businesses
- Removes negative misconceptions
- Creates a personal connection with customers
- Clarifies complex points
- Deliver ideas in a more visual form
- Creates emotional messages
- Builds a theme
- Incudes an artistic flair
- Sets the right mood
- Strengthens messages
- Hints on creativity
- Reinforces personality
- Builds a lasting impression
Today, people illustrations are used widely for different projects. What’s certain about this is that it is currently the mainstay of landing pages, storytelling experiences, SaaS websites, and personal portfolios.
Are you wondering how you can use people illustrations on websites, social media, or for marketing? Here are some tips to guide you.
Tips for using people illustration
When it comes to using people illustrations, there’s no almighty formula involved. However, there are several recommendations that can come in really handy and help you produce the best people illustrations for use in the aforementioned ways. One key thing to always have in mind is to ensure that you don’t make everything about the visuals alone. Here are a few other things you should take note of:
- Content is always king, but you can make it perfect with people illustrations.
- Avoid adding illustrations just to make things fancy. Rather, it’s best to use it as a visual tool so that it can appear a lot better than other content. Therefore, use people illustrations only when necessary.
- Be mindful of color, and always remember that dark tones may be gloomy while excessive light hues can create a more relaxed atmosphere. Red on the other hand can scare people. These are things that you’ll easily know if you are familiar with the color theory. However, it is important that you choose shades and tints that will leave a positive effect on your viewers. Examples of colors that you might want to consider include blue and green. Also, you can use your brand colors as the key consideration in addition to a few complementary palettes.
- Size matters a lot when it comes to illustrations, regardless of the type of illustration. This is because when an illustration is all over the field of view, it tends to become overwhelming. Think about different ways you can use the drawing, even if it’s to be a background alone. Also, you can leave it as a small size or medium size illustration.
- Consider using typography when you use people illustrations. It’s important to think of every detail in your design and consider them as equal. One of the elements that you can use to improve the visual view of design is typography. However, it’s important to carefully pick this and avoid using excessive decorative details and elements because it will only ruin the entire design.
- Always have readability at the back of your mind, and one way to ensure readability for your design is by using a neutral font for the texts included and for headlines as well.
- Whitespaces are equally of huge importance. Unlike tightly packed designs, the spacious and airy ones are handier and a lot easier to use. Also, creating harmony and balance is a lot easier when you use whitespaces in your design.
- Illustrations are pictures, and as such, you should not be tempted to overuse them. Your goal should be to ensure that people who do not have good vision can easily perceive your illustrations.